I took a few quizzes and looked up a few Old Wives Tales and ancient calendars and still found mixed results. Here's a quick run-down for you:
- The heart rate is sometimes over 140 and sometimes under, although usually right around 140. So this doesn't seem to help much
- I haven't had strong cravings for sweet or salty, although I remember with Luke I definitely loved the salty stuff. This time I find I could probably eat fruit all day, which may qualify for sweet stuff. This points to a girl.
- I have never been too sick with my pregnancies, but I have felt queasy a few times. Since this is more than normal, it could point to a girl as well.
- According to the Mayan's, I'm having a boy.
- According to the Chinese, I'm having a boy.
- Unless you check a different web site that insists I have to use my lunar age and year to calculate it (for the Chinese), in which case (if I did it right), I am having a girl.
- According to two quizzes, I'm having a girl (68% and 60% chance girl, 31% and 40% boy). When I took these same quizzes earlier in my pregnancy, it was about 50/50. Both were based on wive's tales.
- Mother's intuition: used to be girl, now I lean towards boy.
- 3 year old intuition: girl...she wants a "stister"
- Father intuition: boy (he actually thinks he saw it on the the ultrasound...I was watching far more intently than he was and didn't see a thing!)
I'll let you know in four weeks who guessed right!